The rules of play for the tournament will be governed by the following:
- Games will be refereed by Redeem app tournament team. All calls by the team are final. No arguing. It’s a recreational event!
- Teams should be comprised of 6 adult members and 2 reserved members. If you cannot fill all 6-8 spots, teams/individual may email us. Redeem app might gather such individuals and can help to form a team.
- Pool play will consist of 3 games per team, minimum.
- Games are played to 21 points done by rally scoring; win by two, with a 23-point cap. Rally scoring means there is a point for every serve. Teams will switch sides after each game from semifinals.
- Pool winners will be determined by total points. If total points are equal then total score will be used to determie the pool winners. If total score is equal then head-to-head competition will determie the pool winners. Each winning team gets two points. Total score is the cumulative sum of score secured by a team in a Pool
Players will rotate in at the right, back position (server) on each rotation. A rotation must occur after each side-out and in the same order throughout the game.
Players MUST remain in their rotated spot during each play.
A “let” serve that clears the net is considered playable. The receiving team may not block or spike a serve. The server’s feet may not touch the court lines until after contact has been made with the volleyball.
- Players are not permitted to touch the net. Incidental contact of the net by a player’s hair or insignificant contact with the net by a player not involved in the action is not considered a fault. A player may touch the posts, ropes or other objects outside the total length of the net, provided this does not interfere with play. If a player touches the net, the opposing team gets the point and the serve. This shall be determined at the sole discretion of the referee team. Net Overreach is allowed only on the third pass.
- A team is allowed a maximum of three successive contacts to return the ball. Players may use any part of their body to volley so long as such contact with the ball does not constitute a “carry” or a “lift”. A “block” is not considered a team hit and after “block” contact, a team is entitled to three hits to return the ball. The player who made the block may also make the first contact in the same series.
- Court lines are considered “IN”. Any interference of a ball or player from a neighboring court will result in the current play being immediately ruled dead and the point will be replayed. If the ball touches the antennas or any part of the net outside the playing court, the play is immediately ruled dead and the point will go to the receiving team.
- Players must wear shorts and a shirt. Jewelry is not permitted with the exception of flat wedding bands. Headbands and kneepads are optional.
- Absolutely no food or drink allowed on the volleyball courts. Water, Gatorade, Snacks will be provided. Pizza is served at specified time. No outside food, drink or coolers permitted on the courts.
- All players must sign the waiver form before stepping on the court. Failure to do so will result in an automatic forfeit for any team not abiding by this rule.
- Redeem app tournament team has all rights to change the rules at any time. Updated rules will be communicated to captains as necessary either orally or through whatsapp group.